Sunday, July 14, 2013

...there was nothing to say, but to update in July, 2013...

http://io9.com/concept-art-writing-prompt-the-creature-waiting-at-the-769946202
Slurp.
 “You keep staring at me like I can’t see you.  I have monocular vision: I’m looking directly at you.  You want some?”
She didn’t hesitate, “You were here the other day.”  It wasn’t friendly.
“Yes.”  Slurp.
She stared at the hills, but looking through them.  Clouds monochromatically filtered the day – all had an even tint, contrasts were not subtle.  Her red hair was the only colour for miles.  I switched to my left eye.  Where was that bus?  I thoughtlessly tossed the juice box to the ground.
“You have to do that?”  Her glance burned at me.  At least she didn’t bare teeth, I couldn’t take too much of that, “What?”
“You threw it like the world is a trash can.”
“It goes away.”  I lamely put two of my arms out in a sweep to explain the world was big enough.
She swung down grabbing it and throwing it in the bin, “That hard to do?”
She walked out of my field of view, to the front; I was forced to tilt my body to track her.  She walked into the street to spot the bus.  She returned next to me, “It doesn’t just go away: it gets worse and someone else has to get it.”
“Then it’s taken care of, right?”  I should’ve been friendlier.  I should be friendlier about everything, to be honest.
She was done with me and dropped into the bench.  A notebook flew out and she started to write furiously.  Occasionally she’d glanced up to give my back a look of disgust.
When the bus pulled up, she rushed in.  The driver stared as I didn’t move, “You coming?”  The best I could do was swiveling my body left to right laterally, a facsimile of ‘no’.
“Alright,” the bus pulled away and it would take forty minutes for the next.  I needed to be nicer if I were to get on with these folks.  I pulled out another juice box.  The stream of fetid garbage juice was necessary to sustain life.  I’ll throw it in the bin next time.
Slurp.

~~~
~~~
~~~
Getty Statue posted.
~~~
Monday's Mug on sale.
~~~
~~~
"…and strange delights, new to your seeing;
Ingest much: as eyes transform being.
We’ll of passion’s treasures go chasing
Divine aspects: fancy’s embracing.
Lack parting sorrows; none to fearing
Strike to sun’s light: Fore e’er steering
Lash fast to hope and heart, n’er sever-
So I be yours, one and forever."

- "Chase: Cut Short", 2001
~~~

No comments: