Sunday, April 26, 2015

...April is National Poetry Month...buy a book...

Kadinsky
April is National Poetry Month and the only reason I knew was because a visit to the library today
And an end cap with books and a rough-hewn titular sign of poets and poetess'
Of course I took Plath (softcover this time)
I was there to pay a $1 fine with a $100 bill, it wasn't good
"You would wipe us out of cash," she said, and who wouldn't believe her?
I tried to buy a $10 Friends of the Library bag to assuage, but even $89 was too rich on a Saturday
"Here's a card", my OCD won't allow that fine to exist one more day,
"You could pay it next time."
I cannot she won't understand.  I took out the card and lay it down, pushing it forward as this is going down.

 
BUY A POETRY BOOK - Amazon




BUY A POETRY BOOK - Barnes and Noble




BUY A POETRY BOOK - Hamilton Books





No comments: