Saturday, August 19, 2017

poem: ode to a tangled sheet (19aug17)

submit to me
an admonition
now the act is done
and we lay here in our own thoughts
intimate more with the moment
as we've pulled away from one
another's skin
and breathing softens
the sheets cool
and we can hear
the sound of the freeway
in the distance

is our agreement to mend
because all I'm looking for is the safety
of anonymous motion
the cover of
long soft red hair
if a second of peace is all I'll receive
then so be it

give me that
give me that
who knows what is tomorrow
but fire

and I'll offer you the same
I'll sign it in sweat
and motion
in all I have right now
and it is admittedly poor
but you may have it
an occasional smile, my time
the light conversation
about the eclipse
your completion first
and hide a tear that may
come as I try to work this out
that is all
tonight

- assortment 19aug17

No comments: