Saturday, August 18, 2018

[short/rough]: Poorer Offerings the Wiser


laid at your feet
All that I had...all of what I could be
my heart, for what it's worth, may hold some value
to anyone other
could be brave, take my gaze, tell me what it amounts
even as a mere acquaintance I should feel more value than 
an abjected ally now
am I so easily cast, after all?

was it age, or time, or unintended me 
which detracted that first entrancing gleam
where I did my best to prove, that it was love (the best of what I could)
no small offerings here
just say the word
any one will do
and proof will be given
but being met in silence
or fear
or the mild misunderstanding that creates derisiveness
the light snarl of the lip
the flippancy of action
and it cuts me to the core
and I'll admit it
I'll tell you I wish it weren't so
but here it is

and how, or, by what means do you weigh an offered love?
impossible measures never met?
impassable climes of situational perfection?
unfathomable riches you'll heed in anyone else but me?
where I'm encumbered in admirable stones
aglow with the bright tones, respect and love
sigils of what is best, perhaps misplaced
assuredly
but where I could assure is that
if you simply accept them
hesitancy would fall away for you would see them true and not to harm
but in hailing, providing clarity
without no other desire than acceptance
all given
no one thing in return
where your lips would only be happily met in eager warmth
eyes that ignore the passing pleasures of the age to stare at you
and revel in the the darker hues when you look at mine
I sense subtlety
and done what i could to embrace yours
yet here we are
impassable, unfortuitous
lost.

No comments: