Sunday, February 12, 2012

...a golden thread...lyrics...pass deux...

...
the dappled light of night and tungsten
I fell, clumsy to the last
reaching out with open hand
and finding nothing in which to cling
far from you
...
the ground came to meet me with
thoughtless shadows wrapped about
leaving little pride, less than storybook
and warmless light
...
human to the last failing foresight
and staring at days that stretch quietly across
the scrap of stone like a helioscope
devoid its novelty
...
there's a golden thread that leads to your heart
not so much lost as simply said
it is from me
...
meager existence when one is blind to sense
my gentle hands seem only to find dust
upon their return from the stillness
of shadows
....
despite all despite me that thread is elusive
as if Erabos had taken it to the fringe
of thought and reason
and forgotten it himself
...
but here I am and you'll rise above all else
so whispered echoes won't reply
but find themselves in the bosom of stone
and wane away
...
there's a golden thread that leads to you
if I'll not find it
may the one that does find it brilliant
just the same
...

No comments: