Friday, May 13, 2011

...and the ecstasy of salad dressing...

...mixing drinks is like the ancient practice of magic - potions deigned for the purpose of changing states or materials. In my case, I was looking hard to absolve bullshift from one's soul. The potion I had a few weeks ago was a variant on the Crystal Bronx - trade the orange juice for maraschino cherry juice. They called it the 'Perfect Crystal' or some nonsuch...but the effect was nice. Brandy is a slow burn, but nice and steady when moderately imbibed.

Back to my own potion, since I was lacking in maraschinos -

In order.
Two jiggers of brandy.
One jigger of vermouth.
One jigger of red grenadine.
Handful of frozen blueberries.
One sugar cube.
Serve all over ice in a short glass.
Swizzle if you would like it mixed. I prefer to layer the tastes with the heavier brandy at the end.

Clears away the thousand injuries and the sea of troubles, not by opposing, but by careful measure of dispassion. L'chaim!

   

No comments: