Saturday, November 29, 2014

25,000!

To put an optimistic spin on things, this month started out rough and remained that way through half of it.  Despite the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to, I have been able to push out of my aching fingers 25,000 words right before midnight.  The math not being too difficult, that means I have to push out another 25k in two days!  No, it's not going to happen unless I can sit in front of the computer with my eyes pulled open like young Alex from A Clockwork Orange and type like a monkey on cocaine...like that movie about the monkeys on cocaine.

Being a bit thoughtful about it, I will definitely strive to hit another 7k by Sunday night.  This novel is not meant to be 50k to begin with.  It may eventually reach 40k at the very end.  But it's meant as a potboiler, more in the style of dime drug store novellas of the 1940s.  On average, I understand they would reach 40k.  It's a ham-fisted fast affair and not derived on exposition but action (like the titular Jackson).

No comments: