Sunday, September 8, 2013

...insanely early geek Christmas list...because now...



Not only the DeLorean, but the < BTTF 1, with retractable tires for flying over Hill Valley.  How precious is mini-fig Doc and Marty?

AMAZON: LEGO BTTF DeLorean Time Machine

No longer virtual, actual blocks.  You'll have to make all the sound effects yourself.
AMAZON: LEGO Minecraft Original Set


THINKGEEK: Star Trek Attack Wing Game
Star Wars has had lots'o success with their miniature 3D flight games.  Time for ST to take wing.  If only I had time to geek out for a few hours drinking strawberry soda and eating Zingers with the buds...those days are long gone.

TOYSRUS: Bruce Lee Fists
Teetering between cool or whah?!  Jury's still out in my mind.  Actually, I'm wondering if they can be used to...what?!  Boy, do you have a dirty mind.  I was thinking of oven mitts.  (On a dog?  NO you sick bastard.)

WALMART: LEGO Mindstorms EV3
Latest Mindstorms incarnation will take it through the next five years for sure.  $350?  That's just a drop in the bucket for you rich boy.

Comes with an ARM9 processor, USB, wifi, micro-SD reader and 4 motor ports.  I'm thinking I can make a robot that can store my pictures.  Although that may not be the best design.  I suck at this.
TOYWIZ: Kenner Vintage SW X-Wing
Doesn't come with a figure though?  Have to figure out which one will fit correctly.  Yeah, they come out with one of these every couple of years, but it comes in the classic 'Kenner' design from 1978.  How can you not crack the thing open and run around the house shooting womprats?  Well, that's just racist.

ENTERTAINMENTEARTH: Sci-Fi Movie Maker
Not sure how this will work, but I love the premise.  You take the pieces of cardboard props and move them around I suppose.  I think it could come off right to an imaginative kid, but then I think you could spend the time making a real movie.  Please use landscape mode people.
TINTOYARCADE: Mini Bakelite WORKING FM Radio
'nuff said!  Had to read it twice to believe it.  Working FM in a little Bakelite.  Hang it on a tree, hang it from your backpack.  You'll be the life of any office party.



FATBRAINTOYS: Water Games
So, like, pre-Gameboy we had these 'pocket' toys to have fun with on the road.  Hours of fun when you have absolutely nothing else to do.  How much time was spent watching the swordfish swing back and forth.  How do you win?  IT'S NOT THE POINT.


{no picture}
WACKYPLANET: Pocket Weather Station
Never thought I'd need one, then I saw it.

OFFICEPLAYGROUND: Solar Powered Cat
Solar power is the way of the future - for, how long do we need a UL-listed plug to keep your lucky cat movie it's little paw?  It's 2013!

RETROPLANET: Vegas Tin Sign
Who doesn't love tin signs, especially one that hearkens back to when Vegas was a series of block-colors.  Love the colors though: I suppose it's 'reminiscent'.

No comments: