Friday, September 6, 2013

solitary...breathing in the night...no comfort from a sky nonplussed...

how long did I sit here, trying not to think of you
the room has enclosed me, 'cause I wouldn't say 'embraced'
the ashtray is full, the coffee mug stained
and darkened beyond all hope

there shouldn't be anything left for me
no one promised me a thing
no one held me close and whispered in my ear
that this would work out

doesn't mean that I can't hold that ember
in what is an otherwise dark place
hold it close to my vest
and it would provide a reason otherwise
otherwise

                  

If then is what this is, listening to music all night
to try to remember because I almost forgot
I really did, I almost smiled,
but a wind picked up and I saw your hair in the breeze
and your eyes looked at me again
from somewhere
and all came back again
and I ask
when will it end

And if I collected all the songs and loosened them upon your heart
would it strike a chord, where you strike all of mine
with just a thought
fashion's folly am I a fool

No comments: