Sunday, December 14, 2014

...Literary Gifts for Christmas, 2014...

My shopping done, my mind at ease (at least here), I offer these to your family and friends that uphold the literary and fantastical.  Play a mix of R&B Christmas and stroll on down.


Have (and use) the full format version, mention this one because it is effective and it comes in a pocket sized edition for the holidays.  So cute.

Wear your heart of darkness on your neck, not as a noose but as a lovely scarf.  This one is of "The Cask of Amontillado".  I spent a healthy part of high school memorizing the opening lines.

These days playing chess by yourself is a normal part of a nerd's life.

Absinthe and sandalwood tones embue this candle.  Write whilst smelling Edgar's smoking jacket I suppose.

Demeter Fragrances:
Dramatic fragrances for a night of reading or writing.  I put a few drops behind my ears before sitting down with Sylvia Plath.  

Hope Necklace in Silver - Emily Dickinson 
"Hope is the thing with Feathers that perches in the Soul, and sings the tunes without the words, and never stops at all."  Oh Emily, you've enlivened my demeanor.
These charms are getting increasingly more ornate and specific.  Saw another today that is for those fond of zombies.


A very comprehensive bit of jewelry, with the opening paragraphs of one of my top five romantic novels.


I can't think of a better gift for the true purveyor of the written word.  It is 216 pages long and allows you over a hundred pages to log the books you've read, a section on books you'd like to read, where you buy your books, ones you've borrowed, ones you've lent.  OMG OCD.

Gardenia, Tuberose and Jasmine.  As but I could rest on her bosom and smell these notes.

Those Barnes & Noble "Little Gifts"
You've seen these for years: small palm-sized boxes that house a bit of fun in all forms.

Classic book covers and author photographs will call out as we play a game together.

...

No comments: