Wednesday, February 24, 2016

abstract: lander in a land strange...

< awake .>
click generator, set to random variance '336'
is necessary in the absence of noise
to keep
to keep, sorry
< record .>< deviate .>
the plasma of a distant discharge is swimming around me
it is something new and strains like strings
in the cabin and a haze variate, like brown fog
pulls around me, only for an instant
enough plasma to pull me into a reverie
its much better
when there is unrestricted lucidity
it goes, and even as it goes and trails away to starboard
lit by the amber light, not the green
it glows even more in glorious brown
(I had almost forgotten it)
I watch it and it is gone as quickly as it came
from which star did it emanate, and how long ago?
< /record .>
was I alive then
did it shine on a world long gone, like the distant parent
I know nothing of
"It is in you."
< /deviate .>
so yes, '336' - it took me three years, but I found values above as unnecessary
values below would sear into your skull after six, seven days
and the clicking is necessary to prevent hardening of the synapses
< timed_manual_action .>
00 00 00 042613 alarm - double click the transponder, someone may hear you
00 00 01 071809 trill - clack on the filter to clear the air
< /timed_manual_action .>
check on the food, check on the water
read, exercise, learn, listen to the tapes
how I wished I hadn't broken the robot
03 01 30 050000 go into sleep again - 23 times now
on my way to Cere 56712, distinctly and statistically "9" - a sure bet
the seeds reproduce, the lamps have held up
the soil is replicated 23 times
I hold the seeds and smell them
they told me that is what I am
"falling from the tree, at the near speed of light, head first, toward the soil"
toward the soil, a space seed
"may you survive, for your sake, for we are now memories only of each other"
the oldest voice was choking on tears
what did he see?
< /awake .>
< play_request. . = 19410978013xtuASA .>

No comments: