Sunday, February 7, 2016

allay: my heart

in the hush of the Mass this night
the reserve of contemplative faces
rapt attention
fixed to the alter
seeking to resolve the darkness
strongly cast. and it is 
the light we know beyond
to pull ourselves to the fore.
humbled to a knee, before the place set 
for one and each.
the agape, a meal of the heart
the εὐχαριστία, thanksgiving,
the clarifying sustenance.

and I think of her and the fixed 
prayers take new shape
an alighted incense, smoke rising
far from this place and time
ever-changing wings seeking
slowly and thoughtfully
upward 
to the light beyond this sphere
to the sacred vaults that transcend
surely.

and this particular affectation
this singular mark of mine
a fixed star, as our Mother Queen
I pray.
'it is love.'
I know.  and I pray for her heart
and her soul and that the Saints
may pray for her as well 
bend the lights of stars into her view
the seraphim intertwined
within the affairs of devotion
that goodly cause
which keeps our gaze
from the immaterial.

my Savior

I pray beyond the recitation
and they, gilded by ardor
as lamentable and sweet
as any before

I pray in concert with the chorus
and our single piano 
enough to sustain
expression.

and my heart is stamped and
time unhinged.

No comments: